NFL Mock Draft
It's NFL Draft season and I had a lot of fun with this one. I found a draft simulator and did the draft simulation to come up with my mock draft. That's right, no experts just computer simulation to see how the draft would pan out. There were a few surprises and of course the few expected picks. I am going to do this a few more times before the draft happens just because why the hell not. So without further ado here is a look at how the first simulation of the 2020 NFL Draft looks....
1. Cincinnati Bengals- Joe Burrow(QB) LSU
2. Washington Redskins-Chase Young(EDGE) Ohio St.
3. Detroit Lions-Derrick Brown(DL) Auburn
4. New York Giants-Isaiah Simmons(LB) Clemson
5. Miami Dolphins-Justin Herbert(QB) Oregon
6. LA Chargers-Tristan Wirfs(OL) Iowa
7. Carolina Panthers-Tua Tagovailoa(QB) Alabama
8. Arizona Cardinals-Jerry Jeudy(WR) Alabama
9. Jacksonville Jaguars-Ceedee Lamb(WR) Oklahoma
10. Cleveland Browns-Jeffrey Okudah(CB) Ohio State
11. New York Jets-Henry Ruggs III(WR) Alabama
12. Las Vegas Raiders-Javon Kinlaw(DL) South Carolina
13. San Francisco 49ers-Josh Jones(OL) Houston
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Andrew Thomas(OL) Georgia
15. Denver Broncos-Justin Jefferson(WR) LSU
16. Atlanta Falcons-K'Lavon Chaisson(EDGE) LSU
17. Dallas Cowboys- Yetur Gross-Matos(EDGE) Penn State
18. Miami Dolphins-Mekhi Becton(OT) Louisville
19. Las Vegas Raiders-Tee Higgins(WR) Clemson
20. Jacksonville Jaguars-Trevon Diggs(CB) Alabama
21. Philadelphia Eagles-Xavier Mckinney(S) Alabama
22. Minnesota Vikings-Jedrick Willis(OL) Alabama
23. New England Patriots-Jordan Love(QB) Utah State
24. New Orleans Saints-Patrick Queen(LB) LSU
25. Minnesota Vikings-C.J. Henderson(CB) Florida
26. Miami Dolphins-Laviska Shenault(WR) Colorado
27. Seattle Seahawks- Kristian Fulton(CB) LSU
28. Baltimore Ravens-Zack Baun(LB) Wisconsin
29. Tennessee Titans- Kenneth Murray(LB) Oklahoma
30. Green Bay Packers-Austin Jackson(OL) USC
31. San Fransisco 49ers-Jalen Reagor(WR) TCU
32. Kansas City Chiefs- A.J. Epenesa(EDGE) Iowa
A very interesting first round mock draft here, once again I did not make any of these picks it was all computer generated. There is plenty here that I don't agree with as I think the amount of WR that were drafted is way too high. I do think we see two definitely taken in the first round with a third being a possibility but not super likely. There is just no way that seven WR get taken off the board in the first round like this mock draft says. I would be shocked.
After losing Tom Brady the Patriots picking a QB in the first round is a very realistic possibility. Them getting Jordan Love here just feels like it would be setting up for another homegrown superstar. Love has been talked about a lot but I don't think he is getting the hype like Tua and Herbert. I could easily see the Pats taking him if he is there and trying to turn him into the new Tom Brady. They could focus on other positions and just go full on tank mode this year and try and get a top pick to land Trevor Lawrence next year. That I don't see happening mainly because I can't ever see Bill Belichick losing that many games.
As much as my Philadelphia Eagles need WR I would love them picking up Xavier Mckinney here. The safety position is such an important part to the defense and now with them letting Malcom Jenkins walk, it would be great to see his replacement come from the draft. Yes, I know they added a few pieces and even have talked about moving Jalen Mills to safety which I don't fully hate but I also don't love it either. I would rather them go WR in the first round but, if the draft plays out like this simulation you're not going to get one of the top guys without trading up.
I had a lot of fun doing this so I think i'm gonna do one maybe once a week or every other week until the draft just to see how different it can be. Once again I did not make any of these picks it was all computer simulation and no trades were made. Stay tuned for future mock drafts...